Sunday, February 13, 2011

Interesting Road Bump

So I like the book better than I thought I would, even though I require some herbs and oils for each month.  To get it out of the way, I got this months and next months.  It was under $40.00, so I can't complain.  Besides, if my hard earned money does nothing but sit in the bank, it would be quite useless.  So I bought some herbs I needed, most of the oils listed I already have.  I even treated myself to some stones from HollyDaisyRose, since I am really into the feel of crystals and such.  But I really wanna express what a road bump it is to have to order these items off the internet.  I don't have a local metaphysical store to go to.  The only witchie store close is in Pittsburgh, and that's a good 30 minutes away.  And because I don't drive, that's an issue since I have to ask Rob.

Day 1:  They instruct you to meditate in a natural setting and "connect" with the world.  This wasn't exactly hard, but when they ask questions, you realize it wasn't the piece of cake you thought it was.  They ask questions like: In what was was my connection strong?  What do you suspect the reason for any strong connections?  In what way was my connection to things weak?  What do I suspect is the reason for any weak connections?  And what actions can I take that may strengthen any weak connections? 

I found I connect easily with nature.  The trees, the earth beneath me, the stream by the house.  I can feel it inside of me.  But animals, birds and dogs, I couldn't keep the connection there.  And forget trying to connect with people, I just couldn't get that far.  So my meditation skills are very very weak in general, and I know in order to strengthen them I must make the time to meditate more often.

Day 2:  They talk a bit about how people might react to the words Wicca, Witchcraft, Pagan, Occult, Spell, Power, Ritual, Magic, and Earth-Religion.  They ask for your comfort level with each word, what you think each word means, then they give you what they generally mean.  My comfort level was very low for Occult, but by definition, it literally means "secret." This helped bring an ease to some uncomfortable words.

Day 3:  This day is the first day you do a small ritual.  I do not have a 5-6 inch taper currently.  I considered using a small white tealight, but the candles are already ordered, so I will patiently wait for them to come.  It basically is to clear the negativity away from the previous words and a dedication to remain aware of your feelings throughout this path.  In my opinion, I think this just helps you focus on your own feelings and inner self about approaching and joining the craft.  I do not have any such issues because my parents did not cram religion down my throat as a child, but others were not a lucky.

I haven't really gotten to day 4, but it is titled Questioning Your Path.  It looks like it is heavy for those who have switched from one religion to this one.  It's just answering more questions.  I have not switched from any religion into this one, so I don't really have answers for some of the questions.  Still, I will write them all down in my Book of Mirrors, and answer any with all honesty.

I haven't gotten too far into the book (not as far as I would've liked), but I do have to go to work, I am reading Silver RavenWolf's To Ride a Silver Broomstick, and I have been trying to work more on my Book of Shadows.  Once I get more done, I plan to do a video of it.

I am also planning on doing a video of the gems I got from HollyDaisyRose.  I got them yesterday, and they are amazing!  I'll explain more about that later in the video I do.

Anyway, blessed be witches!

No comments:

Post a Comment