Friday, January 13, 2012

2012 already?! Update 1/13/12

Okay, as with every holiday, I disappeared.  Don't get angry, I truly was busy.  (And if I wasn't, I was sleeping, so sue me!)  This January marked a full year living at our new home as well as a year as Kennel Manager for me.  I am in love with working with these animals, and they take up a lot of my time during my working hours.  Rob turns 21 on the 15, and Vince turns 27 on the 14th.  This month also marks the 6 month anniversary to my boyfriend Vince.  I am allowed to be excited about this because it marks the halfway to a year!  And that is incredible for me, as my two longest relationships are to Pattie (15 yrs as friends) and to Rob (5 yrs).  So I am a little geeked.

I decided to challenge myself to reading 50 books this year.  My progress is being marked on goodreads.  I don't know if I will have the time (willpower) to sit down and type out reviews for each book (for the one's I don't like).  I will also try to post progress on my story, as I have started working on that much more in the passed weeks.  Of course I won't be giving out anything about my actual story as then it might ruin the read in the long run.

Right now a snow storm is hitting us.  Pretty hard actually.  Thankfully Rob salted.

I can't think of anything else, so I am going to skip out.  I will try to keep up with reviews with books that I read so others can see.  Also, I am putting my "year and a day" on hold.  Obviously since I haven't made any posts about it right?  No, I am putting it on hold because I am not feeling that flow right now.  The best way to explain it is that I feel like I too am trapped in ice and snow like the Earth.  Instead of trying to force myself to try to do something that I won't enjoy because I have to force myself to do it, I am just going to slow down and flow with the natural energy of life.

Okay, now I'm going.  Will try to have a review of The Sight up by the end of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment