Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Book Review: Nightshade by Andrea Cremer

Title: Nightshade

Author: Andrea Cremer

Synopsis: Calla is the alpha female of a shape-shifting wolf pack. She is destined to marry Ren Laroche, the pack's alpha male. Together, they would rule their pack together, guarding sacred sites for the Keepers. But then, Calla saves a beautiful human boy, who captures her heart. Calla begins to question everything - her fate, her existence, and her world and the orders the Keepers have asked her to follow. She will have to make a choice. But will she follow her heart if it means losing everything, including her own life?

Review:

a.) Characters: 5/5 score.  WOW- Calla definitely came off as an Alpha- as well as Ren.  Everyone fit perfectly in the pack like pieces of a puzzle.  It was breathtaking on how easy everyone’s role was.  Beautifully connected and in sync.  I feel we got a balanced piece of everyone.  And Shay- wow, again- just blew me away.  I loved all these characters, even when I was hating them- like Logan.  I cannot rave enough about them!

b.) Plot: 4/5 score.  The beginning sucks you in and, before you know it, you’re spinning out of control with Calla and Ren and the uniting pack.  The course of the story draws you in keeping your attention balanced on the prick of a pin.  The ending leaves you wanting- no, needing!- more from all their characters and their lives.

c.) Writing style: 4/5 score.  Very smooth and easy- I would literally be floating through the chapters with such ease.  Sometimes I would reread a paragraph just to let the smoothness roll over me again.  It was such a change that I had a hard time remembering to pace myself.  Overall, I cannot wait to read more of this series and to see what else Andrea Cremer has out.

Rating: 13/15 total


Just, wow.  Wow.  I am amazed at this work.  I loved this book.  When my roomie picked it up and asked me what I thought, I was hesitate because I didn't like this new cover compared to the old.  But when I read the back, I figured <i>don't judge a book by it's cover</i>, right?  EXACTLY!  This made my week when I read it and basked in its awesomeness.  I cannot wait to get the next two in my library ASAP- especially because they are already out!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment