Monday, March 19, 2012

Book Review: Bloodrose by Andrea Cremer

Book 3 of the Nightshade Series

Title: Bloodrose  

Author: Andrea Cremer

Synopsis: But now that the final battle is upon her, there's more at stake than fighting. There's saving Ren, even if it incurs Shay's wrath. There's keeping Ansel safe, even if he's been branded a traitor. There's proving herself as the pack's alpha, facing unnamable horrors, and ridding the world of the Keepers' magic once and for all. And then there's deciding what to do when the war ends. If Calla makes it out alive, that is.

Review:

a.) Characters: 4/5 score.  The gang is back together and ready to fight!  Kind of.  After all that happened with the characters in the last book, I was weary of what Andrea was going to throw at us in this one.  But I have to say, I think it all worked out well.  Ren and Shay’s bickering felt natural and right; Ansel’s change of character, though crushing, was realistic.  The pains of war were felt all around with these character we got to know so well through the first and second book.  Many were lost, but they still fought on.

b.) Plot: 5/5 score.  Wow!  This plot was solid, unbreakable, and completely edgy!  I would literally find myself pacing as I was reading it.  Each adventure made me bounce on the balls of my feet in anticipation of what was to come.  She really upped the game in this book, fearlessly taking the plot where few others would have.  It was created with such a flow that the end of the book came too fast.

c.) Writing style: 4/5 score.  The writing was powerful in this one because of the actions that were taking course.  Every battle up until the finale one was heart wrenching with fear and love.  Andrea did an amazing job at creating this world, these characters, and the war that held it all together.  The last twist at the end was truly breathtaking.  And maybe it’s just me, but it sounded like she left the end open with Sabine to possibly do a spin off?  Or maybe I am hopeful for more.

Rating: 13/15 total 

*Blink, blink* I know the ending will have some in a fit, but I actually liked it.  After everything, it just feels right.  I would love to read Treachery and Shadow Days now that I have the basic story read.  I simply can't get enough of these characters. 

No comments:

Post a Comment